Our Homecare Team
Care Services we provide
Companion & Socialization Services
Long- Term Chronic Care
Live-in and 24-hour care
End of Life Care
From hospital to Home support
Looking for homecare services?
Care Services we provide
- Companion care
- Personal care
- Meal Preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Errands / Shopping
- Medication reminders
- Respite care
- Post Op care
- Live in carers
We offer hourly, daily or weekly service 365 days per year to the elderly, disabled, people with mental health issues, physical health problems, and people who have just been discharged from hospital who need support with activities of daily living. Anyone who needs help with routine daily tasks in order to stay at home is also eligible for our services.
This service is based on creation of a positive therapeutic alliance between our carer with the client. The focus of the service is to help our clients to re-engage in life in order to improve their quality of life and eliminate isolation. We select our support workers based on experience, qualifications and interest in an effort to provide our clients with right person to meet their needs, so you’ll find it easy to get along and become friends.
Our carers undertake various tasks depending on the needs of the client. They include:
- Meal preparation and planning
- Walking and exercise
- Light housekeeping and organisation
- Respite care
- Reminders of medication and events
- And many more personalised services
- Assisting with shopping, accessing the community paying bills and pension collection
Unforeseen circumstances can make the activities of daily living challenging. Tempcare provides personal care services allowing our clients to maintain their lifestyle in the comfort and familiarity of their home. At Tempcare we believe that life at home is the key to independence. By providing in home care our support workers support our clients in maintaining their freedom.
Below are some of the personal care services we offer, which can be customised to meet your needs.
- Bathing and grooming
- Incontinence and bathroom
- Transferring and positioning
- Respite care and many more.
The aim of our chronic care package is to prevent acute exacerbations leading to hospitalization. We focus on keeping the patient well and medically stable. We offer support to clients with diseases like diabetes and obstructive pulmonary disease and other conditions. We also provide in home care for individuals in need of care 24hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Live-in care package allows our clients to stay at home in familiar and relaxed surroundings with an incomparable level of one to one support. Embracing personal care, housekeeping and companionship it is a direct alternative to residential care that empowers you to retain control and independence.
The intensive support and care we provide enables our clients to remain in the comfort of their homes. You receive completely tailored, one-to-one attention day and night from your carer, who lives with you. Your live-in carer works with you to meet your personal needs and wishes, from the personalised care plan that is put together by the assessor with your input. Your care is arranged on your terms and is designed to meet existing preferences for meals and eating times, naps and hobbies as well as established medication and care routines. And as your needs change, our one-to-one care has the flexibility to evolve with you.
We ensure that we find the right person to support you. Great care is taken in providing you with the most appropriate carer to meet your requirements.
Our live-in and 24-hour services include the following:
- Help around the home: We can help with general everyday cleaning tasks, including dusting, vacuuming, changing beds and doing laundry.
- Meal preparation: We’ll shop for groceries, plan nutritious meals and help with meal preparation – even support your loved one with eating.
- Housekeeping and home management: This can include helping to prepare the home ready for guests, running errands and managing bill payments.
- Personal care: Your enabler will assist with dressing, undressing, washing and bathing, grooming and continence care.
- Companionship: This service includes supporting with hobbies and interests, scheduling appointments and social activities and encouraging contact with friends and family.
- Lifestyle support: We can accompany your loved one to medical appointments, on social visits or simply go for a walk with them.
Why choose live-in care from Tempcare?
- It’s fully flexible, so you can use it for as long or as short a period as you wish. We just ask that you give us four weeks’ notice if you wish to stop.
- It’s useful to give you some respite time, if you care for a loved one and need a break, including going on a short break or holiday.
- It provides the peace of mind of always knowing there is someone to call on – ensuring safety and security.
- It’s a real alternative to moving into a care or residential home. It’s often cheaper too, and avoids the disruption of moving and selling a property.
We take full responsibility of employing your live-in carer on your behalf. We recruit them, do all their employment checks, we pay them, organise cover if they’re ill, train them and insure them. All you have to do is enjoy the benefits of having a live-in carer look after you in the comfort of your own home.
Tempcare Services has provided specialist end of life care and palliative care to many service users and those with terminal illnesses. We recognise that it is important to people that they are able to choose to die at home in comfortable surroundings and we are committed to providing services that offer this choice, sensitively and responsively at times of need.
Our End of Life Care strategy promises to:
- Work in partnership with other agencies to provide joined up services and minimise the intrusion into the service user’s life.
- Respond quickly to requests for end of life care services and adjust the service as requested as the service user’s needs change
- Involve the service user and their family in the assessment and planning for the end of life care service. Ensuring they are able to make choices and decisions about the care they receive and to express their wishes about how they would like their body and possessions to be handled after their death.
- Seek advice and opinions from palliative care professionals as required during the assessment process and throughout the care service.
- Support service users, families and carers to access information about death and dying.
- Ensure service users have a dignified death.
- Train staff to support service users respectfully and to meet their needs for dignify, privacy and comfort
Who is it for?
Our services are for service users who have: dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, palliative and end of life care, vulnerable adults, enablement support, adults with terminal illness, caring for adults under 65 years of age, caring for adults over 65 years of age, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, AIDS/HIV, cancer care and much more.
To use our services:
A vast experienced out of hours managers are equipped to cover all your ad-hoc shifts 24/7, every day of the year.
On contacting us, we will arrange to come and meet with the client to discuss their care needs and conduct a risk assessment before commencement of service or within 24 hours of accepting the referrals.
Caring for a loved one can be mentally and physically draining. In fact, if you don’t take a break occasionally, it may lead to a deterioration in the relationship. Our customers who decide to take some time off tell us that they return to their caring role fresher and with renewed enthusiasm. The time away can often strengthen their relationship with the person they care for.
We can take on the responsibility of care from you for as long as you need, ensuring that the transition for you and your loved one is as seamless as possible.
Our respite services include:
- Respite at home: We can help you while you provide care, supporting with housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, laundry, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and cooking. Alternatively, we can look after your loved one and organise an activity with them, or even just a relaxing pampering session, while you and your family have a break or go out.
- Days out: Enjoy a precious day out with your loved one while we take the pressure off you. Whether you have a family event that you’d like to go to, or if you simply want to get out of the house and do something different, we’ll help your loved one to get ready, arrange transport and ensure all their needs are met during the day.
- Sitter service and companionship: If you need to go out during the day, or in the evening, we’ll step in to take care of your loved one.
- Emergency respite/rapid response: If you need respite support urgently, we’ll meet your needs in the tightest of timeframes. Simply call our friendly team now on 01274 975939
- Holiday respite: It can feel impossible to take a holiday away from the loved one you care for, but we can help you to make it a reality by giving you the peace of mind and practical help you need to be able to make the trip. While you’re away, we’d be very happy to give your loved one a break too, with any of our Support Bundles, for example,
Any spell in hospital can leave your loved one feeling vulnerable and the rest of the family anxious about coping.
We can take care of everything and provide care at this critical moment. We’re here to provide as much as you need, for as long as you need it, whether you’re looking for an hour or two of help a day, or 24-hour live-in care.
How we can help
- We can visit you or your loved one in hospital to find out exactly how we can help. We’ll even organise for your chosen enabler to visit your loved one in hospital, so that they can get to know each other before the support begins at home. This approach can help your loved one to feel more comfortable about the prospect of receiving home care.
- We’ll prepare the home ready for your loved one’s return, including setting up a temporary bedroom downstairs, if needed.
- We’ll work with suppliers to install any necessary mobility equipment.
- We can collect your loved one and take them home.
- We’ll help with housekeeping, including laundry and dusting, shopping for food and preparing nutritious meals.
- We can help with personal care, including washing, dressing, getting up/putting to bed, and continence care.
- We’ll provide health and wellbeing support, including collecting prescriptions, help with taking prescribed medication, and attending healthcare appointments.
- Companionship: it’s normal to feel low after an operation or a fall, so our carers can be a useful distraction, supporting with hobbies/interests, trips out, or just enjoying conversation.
Making beds, doing laundry or general cleaning around the house can become more challenging as time goes on. Often a helping hand around the home is all you or your loved one may need to stay completely independent at home.
Tempcare’s housekeeping and home help services cover all types of domestic tasks, shopping and meal preparation and household management. Simply pick and choose the services you need, and feel free to add to them over time, or change them for others.
Some of the services your Homecare Select enabler can provide include:
- General household cleaning, including dusting and vacuuming, sweeping and polishing
- Cleaning kitchens and bathrooms, including mopping floors, cleaning surfaces, cleaning ovens, sinks and baths
- Changing bedding and towels
- Laundry and ironing, including washing, drying, airing, folding and putting items away
Shopping and meal preparation:
- Helping you with your weekly shop, or doing it for you
- Help with meal planning, preparation and cooking
- Washing up and putting away
- Preparing the home ready for guests
- Help with letters and emails, including to professionals and utility companies
- Helping to manage bill payments and expenditure, as well as accompanying to collect a pension
- Running errands, such as fetching a newspaper, a pint of milk or dry cleaning
- Writing shopping lists and shopping for household items
- Wardrobe management and planning the perfect outfit
Our agency division provides nurses (RMN, RGN & RNLD), support workers, care managers team leaders and social workers to hospitals, nursing homes and day centers at a very competitive rate.
We are available to provide cover at any time of the day. We know how difficult it is for our clients to work when they are short staffed, so we promise to call you back in less than 15 minutes with a positive answer. Our experienced and dedicated nurses administer medication, update care plans, engage patients in therapeutic activities, write reports, conduct hand overs etc.
Our care assistance /support workers assist patients with:
Help with getting up and going to bed
Assisting to wash and dress
Assisting with personal hygiene
Skincare/Hair care – bathing, showering, shaving
Companionship – day and night sitting
Taking service users for recreational activities
Looking for work?
Tempcare is committed to making your career goals a reality. Our recruitment professionals will make every effort to get you where you want to go. Please log in and register on the link above. Our recruitment team will contact you shortly. Alternatively please fill in the enquiry form below stating what positions you are interested in and email it to us. Tempcare offers good rates of pay. Wages are paid weekly. There is an option to work as Limited company if you are registered. This allows you to manage your income, expenditure and taxes.
Please get in touch with us if you need to book staff or assistance with homecare. Our care team is ready to answer your calls 24hours, 7days a week. We are able to provide services immediately. For more information please contact our staff on 01274 939 975 or email on email@example.com
How to Pay
Paying for Our Services
There are multiple payment options to help pay the cost of your home care. We will assist you in identifying any programs that you qualify for. Below are examples of payment options.
You may be entitled to some level of funding to finance your care needs so you should not rule this out until you have spoken to your Local Authority. They are responsible for assessing your financial situation to see if you are eligible for any funding to help pay for your care. This can include a community care assessment and a means-tested financial assessment to see if you are eligible to receive support with the cost of your care.
If you have been assessed as needing care services, you may be offered direct payments. As part of this arrangement, monetary payments will be made by your local council directly to you so that you are able to organise and pay for your care service. These payments are designed to support you to remain living at home, encouraging independence and social inclusion in areas such as employment, education and leisure activities.
For further information on Direct Payments contact your local social services, or visit The DoH Easy Guide to Direct Payments.
Independent Living Fund
Funded by Central Government, the Independent Living Fund supports people with disabilities to live independently in their own homes, rather than in residential care.
Payments are made to people with disabilities so they can afford the employment costs, or associated employment costs, of a personal assistant or care agency to provide the support they need to remain living at home.
There are many things which the fund cannot be used to pay for, to understand what cannot be paid for with the fund; you can read more on the Government website.
Should you not be eligible for public funding, or would simply prefer to fund your care privately, you will need to source your care independently. Faced with so many different options and conflicting information, this can become both a time-consuming and overwhelming task.
If you are looking for support with financial planning, we would recommend that you contact an impartial Financial Advisor specialising in Care Fees. They can discuss options such as:
- Equity Release
- Funding Care fees
- Estate preservation
- Wealth Preservation
If you would like to receive a quote for our care at home service, based on your individual care needs, please contact us 01274 622 422